2011 is really the best year ever in my life, yet. A lot of things, I mean great things, have happened. Met a lot of inspiring people, make a lot of new friends, all because of the Internet and social network specifically. I love my job and I’m passionate about what I do. So here’s the breakdown of things that happened to me in
2012 2011(thank you Ivana for correcting me!) (well, at least of what I remembered, will try to add more if I suddenly remembered something important. And yeah, thank you Facebook Timeline!)
January – March 2011:
- I’m finally done with the Forum Member Event 2011 for HIMSISFO which took a toll on me and made me take a rash decision to cut my hair into a bob style! Yeah, i’m doing the impossible and brave things!
- Celebrated the New Year over at my cousin’s place in Ancol, which is a great thing because his rooftop is the highest among all the houses, saw a lot of fireworks!
- Starting to come to #StartupLokal meetup after failed to do so in November and December. Attended the iMULAI workshop by Microsoft Indonesia too.
- Chosen as #StartupLokal 1st Birthday Project Manager (which is the turning point of my career & year)
- Got into Applied ERP (in Bina Nusantara University, you have to choose a specialization if you’re majoring in Information System. Applied ERP(SAP) and Applied Database(Oracle) is both the ones that has limited class(90 people each out of 1k students)
- Got the 4.0 GPA for the first time (WOOHOO!)
- All of the hollywood movies are banned from showing in the movie theatre (OMG right? There goes our weekend)
- Started writing for Penn Olson at the end of March.
- Met Valentcia Trifonia for the first time! Whom will be one of my bestest friend over the year.
- Watched 2PM for the first time in Blackberry Live n’ Rockin (with Lius Steven, Fredy Jingga, Valentcia Trifonia and Amelia)
April – June 2011:
- #StartupLokal birthday was held at IndoChine f(x)! the result is this much media exposure, hundreds of people came ranging from investors – start-up founders – media!
- Got a surprise birthday from my noonas(‘older sisters’)
- A trip with HIMSISFO to Yakult (nyum!)
- Published #StartupLokal Kita
- Hired by East Ventures as an Associate (helping East Ventures Alpha) – proud to be able to talk directly and more often to experts in start-up such as Willson Cuaca, Batara Eto, Taiga Matsuyama and Chandra Tjan
- Attended AIESEC – AYC (Asean Youth Conference) in which the Coca Cola Indonesia CEO came and he’s really an inspiring guy!
- Appointed as #StartupLokal Apprentice (thank you for your trust Natali Ardianto – Aulia Halimatussadiah – Nuniek Tirta and Sanny Gaddafi)
- Helping e27.sg to hold their Echelon Satellite event here in Jakarta(the afterparty at Immigrant was super fun!) & in turn getting a chance to volunteer for their main event in Singapore(free accomodation – thank you Joon, Kathia, Sabrina, Joash, Jit Siong, Gabriel Yang, Claudia Ng)
- Having fun with #StartupLokal initiators in the Universal Studio Singapore (finally rode the Battlestar Galactica rollercoaster – took the Human one and didn’t even dare to look back after that)
- Got a meeting with Facebook APAC Developer Relation – talking about how Facebook is being used here, what is lacking, and more. (swags ftw!)
- Himsisfo Competition 2011 is for the first time being held outside of Bina Nusantara University – to be exact in Pluit Junction!
- Moderated a Technopreneurship event with panelists such as Kevin Osmond, Denny Santoso, Dhiku and Sume.
- #StartupLokal v13.0 – Presentation Idol & v14.0 – Running a Successful Community
July – September 2011:
- AKSI 2011 (Acara Kebersamaan Sistem Informasi) – basically an event where we welcome new Information System students, attended by more than 500 people.
- East Ventures finally has an office in Jakarta and it’s renovated! Ready to move in!
- IDBYTE held with Bubu Awards inside of it. Penn Olson writers in Jakarta finally had a dinner together with Willis Wee and Minghao!
- East Ventures Alpha launched! and incubated 6 companies for its first batch.
- Summer holiday fulfilled with tech events and meetups (Investor Idol – Ramadhan – Female Founders)
- Blackberry 9900 and Torch 9810 launched (I have the 9900 as my second Blackberry now, yeaaaa!)
- Starting my ‘adventure’ with Minor Project (Minor Project is sort of a preparation for the final project but has quite similar characteristics, you have to analyze a business’ workflow, provide analysis report in Microsoft Visio, and code an App to help the business at the very end you will be ‘judged’ by a lecturer)
- Had a first date with JOSENT! (Joshua – Sevian – Valentcia)
October – December 2011:
- LDKK – Leadership, Togetherness and Competence training for the newly accepted HIMSISFO members (freshmens!) – for days I yelled quite a lot, burnt my skin and at the very end had a lot of laughter!
- Second date with my JOSENT (polaroids ftw! and say no to Han Gang!)
- Watched 2PM’s full concert on 11.11.11 – totally worth the wait(4 hours!) and they performed even better live! Accompanying Monica Corina and Diana Citra (Thank you for Diana’s sister we’re able to stroll around for hours before queue-ing)
- Bought So Nyuh Shi Dae – Girls Generation Asia Tour Concert tickets (Thank you Kevin Kho!)
- Travelled to Singapore on 8th December 2011, Joash (Community Manager for e27) kindly provided me a place to crash for a few days. Had a great time flying with Jetstar, on the 9th came to Singapore Indoor Stadium queued from 11AM to get the tag, ended up queing all the way until the concert started(9 hours!) – but it was totally worth it! Seeing the 9 girls live and upclose(second man from the stage) and getting HD fancams
- On the 10th, I spent it visiting my uncle(in Busan) who’s working there so his family is all there. Quite surprised of their eating habit(they eat quite a lot!) and at the end of the visit got a pocket money for the Chinese New Year(thanks uncle!) – and then spent the entire day left shopping around 313 Somerset and ION Orchard(UNIQLO and Topman being the top contributor of emptying my wallet) and in the night meeting up Sabrina after 6 months(been missing you, party girl!)
- 11th December 2011 – doing nothing except lying back at Starbucks chair reading Artemis Fowl – The Opal Deception and at the afternoon Joash introduced me to his girlfriend Dung Nguyen – talked a lot about kpop and k-drama and to sum it up I had a plane to catch at 6AM in the morning so I woke up on 4 and then grab a taxi
- RIM launched Bold 9790 and Curve 9380 (and everyone attended the launch got the Bold for free, thanks RIM!)
- An all-time busy month because of the Minor Project, visited Starbucks even more regularly to meet up with the team and pulling a couple all-nighter, barely finished all of it (more than 800+ pages) and we will have our judgement day on 7th January 2012!
- Telkomsel through its program Telkomsel School Community Smart Camp invited #StartupLokal to speak in 10 cities, this month I got Manado as a destination. It was quite good in terms of how enthusiastic the students are, how they adopted the technology already and overall it was a fun trip! (too bad I didn’t get to go to Bunaken)
So there goes 1,000 words to sum up what a humbling, fantastic and simply mind-blowing year. I really hope for more of the same, getting to meet more inspiring entrepreneurs, travel more, and learn more. And of course, to finally start-up my own company. Thank you 2011, Thank You God for Your blessing all year. 2012 is gonna be even better!
No related posts.