Went to church today and what a really great service I had. Today, the main point is about how we look at God as our inspiration and motivation and vice versa, how God see us as His inspiration and motivation. We might think it’s easier being the former than the latter, but as we getting closer to Him, being both is as hard and as easy.
First, looking at God for our inspiration and motivation. My minister took bird as his example how it inspired us to make us fly, and motivated us to actually make something that can make us fly. Yes, we should thank the bird because the planes are flying thousands of us every day. He also said that from our inspiration we actually turn it into something even better than the original idea. How about God? We should look into Him as our inspiration to do great things and positive things every day. God’s love is everlasting, it’s about how close we are to Him to actually feel that. The closer you are the more you’re going to get to feel His warmth.
God looking at us as His inspiration and motivation, it might seem impossible. We were just a mere mortal, you said. Yes, but we are His creation, God actually do great things in our life because inspired of compassion and how we kept thriving and struggling beside Him. If you actually knew Him, worship Him and admit that He is your savior then He will be inspired to help you in your problems and make you feel safe and secure.
God bless you all!
Advanced technology is rapidly improving these days. All of our daily needs are mostly available on the Internet. From connecting to your friends through social media, buying things you love from e-commerce sites, or getting deals on the group buying sites. Gadgets such as Blackberry and iPad have also been a common thing in a household here in Indonesia.
There has been this chain of message going on in my Facebook feeds and BBM since yesterday:
When I was a kid, I didn’t have a laptop, iPod, Blackberry , PS3 or iPad. I played outside with friends, bruised my knees, made up adventurous fantasies and played hide and seek. I ate what my mom home made food and KFC was a treat. I would think twice before I said “no” to my parents. Life wasn’t hard, it was great and I survived. Kids these days are spoiled. Re-post this if you appreciate the way you were raised. I think we were happier kids
Kids these days lost something – Appreciate on
Most of the kids nowadays are playing with their Blackberries, swiping their fingers to play Angry Birds on their iPads, not only they lost what we got by playing around in our backyards, socializing in real life instead in front of a screen, what is most frightening is that most parents didn’t really control what contents that their kids are seeing every day.
I think that if we can manage to use this technology to parents advantage, and make them learn something new, also dividing a great deal of time between playing with technology and without it, it wouldn’t be a problem. What do you think?
So I have watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, twice, the second time today. It was the best of the series, yes. But still, as an avid fans of Harry Potter, and a reader point of view, it was quite disappointing. Here is why:
- Where is the BOOM? – When I knew that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was going to be separated into two parts, I was overjoyed because I’d get to watch the ‘full-of-magic-spells’ war in the second one. I was expecting World War type of battle, yes it seems to be with lots of people in both sides, but the actual war only got like 15 minutes or even less! I was expecting more BOOM here and there, but I was left disappointed.
- Awkward Kisses – Hermione and Ron kissed after they got wet over the water blast from destroying the Horcrux. I was like “Really? An intimate kiss? Now?” – and again when Harry and Ginny kissed at the stairs.
- Dumbledore Should Go To Hell – together with Voldemort. This is the perspective that the movie maker made for us to believe in. From what I read in the book, Yes, Dumbledore did all that for the better good, but he isn’t evil!
- Fred and Bellatrix - both dead with an anti-climax, Fred was supposed to be fighting a great fight before he died, and oh, add Remus and Tonks to the list while we are at it. Bellatrix was also easily defeated.
- Elder Wand – this is the most important part that was falsely made, at least from my point of view. Dumbledore did not die because of Snape or even Malfoy. He died because of the Horcrux Ring’s curse, Snape tried to help with his healing potion but it can only delay his death, when it is time for him to die, he told Snape to make it seems like Snape is the one killing him so Voldemort will think so as well. In the end, Voldemort wasn’t able to use the Elder Wand to its full strength and from what I read, Harry Potter did not break the Elder Wand into two and threw it away.
- Length of the movie – this movie should be the climax, should be the one we will overjoy with after watching it, yet it failed to do so for the reader of the book. The length of the movie was about 120 minutes, the question is, why they are not making it longer and putting in more details?
- Albus Severus Potter – he’s like Ashton Kutcher in his younger days isn’t he? and oh, Ginny looked soooo old, even older than Hermione! and someone also mentioned that “Harry Potter sons is both a programming language name – JSP and ASP”
All in all, the greatest series of all time(for me, at least) is finally over, it was a 14 years journey, with the first movie made in the previous decade(2001). J.K. Rowling has published a website Pottermore and a Twitter account @pottermore to satisfy our need for Potter craving in the future. Next up, Transformers?