There is a good reason why people say TGIF or Thank God it’s Friday. The next two days (after Friday) are the break or a breather from our routine. Some are spending it with their family, some partying with friends, some having a date with their girlfriend or boyfriend. For me, I realize that after I made the decision to start my own company, it is a pitstop. I spent most of the weekend getting more sleep or catching up with TV series or K-Dramas.
But then it kinda hit me that time is moving even faster. This kinda scares me, and to be honest I didn’t do anything productive while I’m at home on the weekdays, most of the time I got home exhausted and after reading some articles/Tempo/watching one episode of anything, I sleep right away. I felt like I need to do something more on the weekend.
It doesn’t have to be related with the work (in my case, Talenta), although sometimes I spent Sunday night preparing what to do over the week, I leave it nearing the end of the day. I decided I want to do or at least start to do these things:
- Read books. I’ve always read a couple of pages here and there over the weekdays. Weekend is supposed to be the time where I can do much more than just a few pages.
- Writing. Whether it’s a blog post like this or regarding the tech industry, if I can do one post per weekend, that would be cool. Or it can be in a form of newsletter (Jon Russell inspired me to do one for Indonesia)
- Podcast. I’ve always been wanting to do a podcast but there’s always a reason to delay (no time, didn’t have any proper mic, etc) but this year let’s just start with whatever equipment I have and do it on a bi-weekly period.
- Working out. Time is limited on the weekdays. I should make more time to exercise on the weekend.
- Doing a YouTube channel. With the video consumption rate going nowhere but up, there is so much opportunity to actually do a quality/niche and get traction in the current market. Moreover, Google Indonesia seems to be promoting more and more local content producers.
How about you? Do you have any plans to make your weekends productive?
No related posts.