As I grew older (I’m getting used to the way my girlfriend – or practically all Koreans – of adding one year of age once the year turns new) and looking at my past New Year Resolutions: 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016 — it has a consistent theme. I somehow forgot to create one this year but one thing for sure: I traveled a lot this year.
So here goes my goals (not resolutions) next year:
1) Read 25 books a year – or roughly 1 book in 2 weeks. How? By reading 25-30 pages a day for whole 365 days.
2) Write at least 1 post a day for multiple blogs/projects that I’m going to do next year
3) Start doing Digital Sabbath - No electronics or screens from Friday night to Saturday night. Less social media (I’ve deleted Facebook and Instagram from my phone, blocked its access from my web/mobile browser)
4) Travel more, but to places that I’ve never been. I traveled a lot this year, but the only new place I’ve been is Manila and Boracay.
5) Be more healthy and disciplined. I’m trying to not have dinner after 6, no fast food, no coffee (only weekend). I’m also creating a more disciplined schedule (from waking up to sleeping) — I realized that actually my school days are better since I have a routine I can just follow (and you basically can’t be late for school)
6) Starting a non-profit, God/church related movement. I realized that ever since I was baptized there’s one wish I have for God and what God has been fulfilling: how I can be a platform where God’s name is exalted. How can I convince or inspire people to follow God through my personal and professional life. I want to do more next year in this regard
7) Committing to my love life. I believe that I am super lucky to have found someone that: understands me, saw my worst yet still accept me, I can feel at ease with her, supports me in my hard journey of entrepreneurship, and the best thing: she’s the one who pushed me to start tithing (8 years of new life and I only did like 1% instead of full tithing) and to really read bible.
8) Getting Talenta to where it should be. We’ve had probably one of the worst thing that can happened to a startup in early 2017, our co-founder left, and we sacked our sales manager. Yet, God has different plan for us. We hired an awesome Sales Manager who led Talenta turnaround and managed to triple our sales. Here’s hoping to tripling that again next year.
9) Spend less. I’ve been trying to track my spending yet the effort is half-assed and so I kept feeling that I’ve been spending more than I earn. I bought new PC and TV this year (of which I’m still paying its installments), I traveled way too often because of my long-distance relationship. I aim to spend less and invest more this 2018 year.
I’m sure 2018 is going to be another better and more awesome year blessed by God. Amen!
No related posts.